Saturday, May 9, 2009

i need a reminder sometimes...


why is it so easy to forget to pray?

on tuesday at whiz kids, i lost my car keys. i don't know why, but it upset me a little. i don't usually get frantic and emotional about little trivial things, but for some reason, i momentarily freaked out. i asked desteny, "didn't you grab my keys when we were in the gym?" "no, i don't have them, i promise!" so we start retracing our steps. the gym is locked. the library is locked. downstairs, telling my tale, carol suggests, "let's pray about it. Lord, help us find kaylyn's keys."

now, seriously, why is it so hard for me to think to shoot up a prayer to the God who cares about each and every detail of our lives. a simple request in faith. a prayer heard by the LORD God.

"kaylyn, i found your keys inside the game box we played."

thank you, Jesus. may i be quicker to bring my needs to you next time. thanks for the reminder.

No comments: