Sunday, April 27, 2008

passion

i realized that i'm not completely passionate about very many things. i had a revolutionary thought the other day. (i'll explain in a minute...)

i've just recently picked up the sport of track. i've been running, training nearly every day, i even bought some track spikes. i've competed in a track meet (and didn't do so hot). my ultimate goal is not to make it to the olympics. sure i want to do well and to run fast, but my original intent in doing this was just to stay in shape and be fit and healthy. my coach (who's awesome by the way) pushes me to do well and gives me tips on how to increase my speed, but at the end of the day, i'm not passionate about track.





 i'm about to graduate from nursing school. i mean, like in 13 days, i'm about to graduate. i chose the nursing profession because i love caring and connecting with people. i wanna be that nurse that can make the difference in someone's hospital stay. i want to exceed people's expectations and go out of the way to make my patients feel comfortable and informed. i love learning about the body (maybe not enough to study as much as i should) and seeing how the puzzle fits together when it comes to health problems and diseases. i wanna use these skills to go overseas and minister to people in other countries who don't have the means to stay healthy. i want to help with physical needs around the world, but more than that, i wanna use my nursing skills to share with people about the Great Physician. i wanna share how my God is a healer and a sustainer of life. but at the end of the day, i'm not passionate about nursing.



i love to read. i wish i had more time to read. i love to read biographies. i love to read novels. i love to read inspirational stories. i love to read magazine articles. but i have a problem. i get really excited about a book and read a couple chapters, then i see another book that i get super excited about and i start it, leaving the other half-read on my desk. i love to read, but at the end of the day, i'm not passionate about reading.



so i had this revolutionary thought the other day. what if i was 100% completely passionate about one thing. how would that one thing change my life? how would my day to day life play out? what would my thoughts about this one thing consist of? who would i hang out with? what would i talk about? would this one thing take over my whole life? 




i want to be 100% completely passionate about jesus. his heart beats for the world to know him . i want my heart to beat for the world to know him. i want my first thought when i wake up in the morning to be about jesus. i want my last thought to be about jesus before i drift off to sleep. i want to talk about jesus with my friends. i want it to be natural to share about jesus with my friends. i want to be jesus to the world. i want to be his hands and feet. jesus was a servant. i want to be a servant. jesus was humble. i want to be humble. jesus was radical. i want to be radical. jesus was compassionate. i want to be compassionate. jesus was love. i want to be love. 

i want to be passionate about jesus. and i want it to be obvious. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is awesome Kay! I feel the same way all the time!