Saturday, June 28, 2008

going green


haha. wow, i don't wanna fall into the popular thing to do these days, which is to go green. but i gotta admit, it's fun to ride my bike! yesterday i decided to ride my bike to work, which is only about 2 miles away. i scouted out my route the day before, taking neighborhood byways as opposed to getting killed on the busy freeways :) one thing to note, when you're in a car, you don't really realize you're going up and down hills, so i was in for a little morning sweat on my way to work the next day! and how's this for perfect timing... the clouds were ominous as i was riding, but my neighbor bill said, "no it won't rain today" and i believed him. i got all the way to work without even a sprinkle and when my friend came in a few minutes later, she was drenched! how's that for good timing! and it was hot and sunny in the afternoon when i left. good for a little afternoon stroll...
and this morning, i realized i didn't have any milk. i'm not gonna drive to the grocery store just to buy milk. so i rode my bike! it was a little harder to navigate with a milk jug on the way back, but i survived!
i might not be saving alot of gas, but every little bit helps... plus i get some exercise, break into a little sweat... it's all good! GO GREEN!

No comments: